I get asked all the time what is the BEST way to teach guided reading.
After many years in the classroom and as a Literacy Collaborative Coordinator, I’ve narrowed down the best Guided Reading lessons down to 6 steps.
The best part?
These 6 steps can be used at ANY Guided Reading level, offering consistency across levels!!
1. The 7 things guided reading is.
2. The 7 things guided reading is not.
3. The key steps in planning guided reading lessons.
4. The 6 steps in an effective, best practice guided reading lesson.
5. Tips for managing groups.
6. My BEST Guided Reading hacks.
7. Proven resources that support best practices in guided reading.
“I have been teaching for 28 years and got more out of that hour than most of my 6 hour day PD’s.”
“I learned more from your webinar in one hour than all the books and other workshops I’ve attended combined.”
“I used your format today as a guide for my last minute, unannounced visit from our reading program’s coaches and got rave reviews. She was quite excited that I was more “advanced” than the other teachers and she could work with me to fine tune my lesson plan instead of teaching me what components to put in it! I owe you big time and it was definite proof that your one hour webinar helped me more than their 3 day training”
“You are motivating me to be better even after 15 years of teaching with 8 years of teachers college training! Fantastic!”