Christmas is one of the most wonderful times of the year! Today's blog post will feature some ELA resources that your students will love. Teachers will love these time-saving activities.
Holidays Around the World Reader's Theater Bundle
One of the most popular resources is Reader's Theater. This Holidays Around the World bundle allows students to collaborate with others while building fluency. Students will learn about cultures and customs around the world. Students will:
- Learn about important growth mindset perspectives
- Develop character education skills
- Build reading fluency by performing a reader's theater
- Gain confidence as readers and in front of an audience
- Learn to work together
- Reflect on their new thinking
To see a blog post about Holidays Around the World Leveled Stories, click here
Christmas Writing Project
You've heard of Elf on a Shelf? How much fun will your students have with this creative writing project? Students will enjoy writing about their pet elf. Included in this resource are prewriting graphic organizers, a cover page, lined writing paper, a teacher observation form, and revising and editing checklists.
Christmas NO PREP Reading, Language, and Writing Printables
If you are looking for simple grab-and-go lessons for ELA, then this is the product for you. This resource is full of NO PREP Christmas-themed reading, writing, and language resources for grades 2-6. Keep your students engaged and learning during the holiday season, all while having fun and working independently! Included in this resource:
- 6 Christmas-themed reading graphic organizers to use during independent reading time (great for assessments too!)
- 13 printable, no prep puzzles (with answer keys, when appropriate)
- 3 printable, no prep Christmas-themed writing prompts PLUS 5 writing paper options
- 4 writing skills activities, with character development and practice on creating fun Christmas stories!
- 5 Christmas-themed word work activities. (descriptive words, syllables)
- 4 Christmas-themed game ideas (adjective and adverb synonyms; nouns and their possessives; singular/plural nouns; nouns to verbs) to play with the class or small groups as a review or just for fun!
Word Work Literacy Centers for Big Kids
If you are looking for time fillers during your ELA block, look no further than these word work literacy centers. Students will work on these skills:
- Spelling Patterns (6 pages)
- Connecting Words
- Adding Prefixes One
- Adding Prefixes Two
- Using What You Know
- Word Game
- Taking Away Word Parts
- Adding Suffixes One
- Adding Word Parts
- Thinking About Root Words
- Descriptive Language (3 pages)
These are great for:
- As daily morning work to review word work skills
- Guided reading small groups
- During independent reading time or centers
- To work with partners and small groups
- An assessment for teachers to monitor students’ spelling abilities
- As homework review sheets
- A quick and fun 10-minute time filler.
- To use with substitute teachers
What student doesn't love counting down the days until Christmas? This resource includes 4 cute ways for your students to keep track of these days. These activities can be done as a whole class or individually.
See other Jen Bengel Christmas products in the TpT store by clicking here.