I am so super excited to have just finished a month-long biography unit!! If you have never seen my units before they include:
* 20 Reading workshop mini lessons
* 20 Writing workshop mini lessons
* Suggested read aloud titles (these are all biography picture book titles)
* Common Core State Standards linked to EVERY lesson!
* A description of the reading workshops, writing workshops, and interactive read-alouds
* Detailed descriptions of all 40 lessons including what students should be doing during independent reading and writing each day and the share at the end of the workshop.
* Examples of class charts for all 40 lessons
* Teacher observation forms
* Students printable forms
* Printable mini lesson statement cards that can be glued into readers and writers notebooks
Units are broken into separate grade levels so that the appropriate grade level Common Core State Standards can be linked directly to each lesson.
I have month-long units available in grades 3, 4, 5, and 6 for:
* Launching the Reading and Writing Workshop
* Personal Narrative
* Poetry and Figurative Language
* AND NOW…Biography 🙂