Do you need reading comprehension lesson plans that break it down in a way that students understand? The mini-units in this bundle include everything you need to teach, practice, assess, and build confidence with these specific reading comprehension skills! They will help your students remember the comprehension skill taught as they master them and apply them to their own reading.
What I like about this resource is that it focuses on one skill and goes allows your students to dig DEEP! With a limited amount of time with my students, there is even less time to fit it all in before testing season. I love that I can embed the mini units into my already made scope and sequence. You can plan on using this curriculum in small groups. If I see a group of students who are continuing to struggle with understanding characters, I can pull out this 5-day unit and reteach. Plus you can use it with ANY TEXT!
What's included in these reading comprehension lesson plans?
- 5 mini lesson statements and detailed teaching instructions for teaching about 12 specific reading comprehension skills.
- 5 sample mini-lesson anchor charts for each skill (your anchor charts will look different based on the mentor texts you choose to use and the responses from your students, but you can use the same outline as provided).
- ‘I Can’ statement cards for each lesson in the units. These are great to post in the room, at a literacy station, glued into readers’ notebooks, or posted at a small group table.
- Blank anchor chart pages for students with every lesson. These can be glued into reader’s notebooks in a mini-lesson section. Students can complete them during the lesson and have a record of learning kept safely in their notebooks to reference anytime!
- 5 graphic organizers for independent activities that match each of the 5 mini-lessons in each set. These can be used with any text students are reading and can be used over and over again. They are great for assessment!
- Short comprehension quizzes for each unit to administer after the 5 lessons are completed. Answer keys are provided!
- A certificate of mastery you can give students to build their confidence for each set!
- 14 different styles of brag tags for rewarding students for all their hard work and learning. These brag tags are available for students to collect for each skill!
Check out these quick links!
- To see THE BUNDLE that this Mini Unit for Mastery is included in CLICK THIS LINK HERE
- To see THE MEGA BUNDLE with ALL 36 MINI UNITS FOR MASTERY CLICK THIS LINK HERE.
- To see INDIVIDUAL SETS of Mini Units for Mastery CLICK THIS LINK HERE.
- Use these LITERACY CENTER ACTIVITIES in correlation with the mini units and CLICK THIS LINK HERE.
See all 36 skills
Click on each link to see the individual comprehension lessons
- Author's Purpose
- Background Knowledge
- Cause and Effect
- Drawing Conclusions
- Fact and Opinion
- Finding Evidence
- Forming Opinions
- Graphics and Illustrations
- Interpreting Dialogue
- Main Idea and Details
- Making Connections
- Making Judgments
- Making Predictions
- Problem & Solution
- Reader's Purpose
- Story Structure
- Text Features
- Text Importance
- Understanding Characters
- Word Solving Strategies
Reading your article helped me a lot, but I still had some doubts at the time, could I ask you for advice? Thanks.
Your article helped me a lot, is there any more related content? Thanks!