I know many parents have been thrust into the homeschool world and I wanted to put something together that will help.
I have a post-graduate degree as a Literacy Collaborative Coordinator and have worked for years, training teachers around the world.
For that past 6 years, I’ve also had the honor of being a homeschool mom, so I know firsthand the situation you’re in!
I put together this pack of reading fun in hopes that it will relieve some stress and pressure at home. My hope is that you and your child(ren) have FUN and develop a lifelong love of reading, all while continuing to practice the reading skill your child(ren) has worked so hard to learn this year.
The goal is not to teach a ton of new skills, rather the goal is to maintain reading stamina and skills already learned, all while continuing to enjoy reading.
What is Included:
- Step-by-step simple directions to easily use this resource.
- 5 ways to read any text at home.
- 7 fun and simple reading activities to do at home.
The Big Goal of This Resource:
To encourage a love of reading at home, all while having fun and practicing important reading skills.
Who Can Use This Resource:
Any students in grades 1-8 who are working at home.
3 Simple Steps to Use this Resource:
- Find a book, poem, short story, magazine article, or online book to read.
- Choose a way to read the text (5 reading options included in the packet.)
- Use one of the activities, games, conversation starters to talk and write about the text during and after reading.