- Jennifer is a second-grade teacher with twelve years of teaching experience.
- Her first six years of teaching were spent in the third-grade classroom; the following six years have been spent in the second-grade classroom.
- She currently has fifteen girls and seven boys in her classroom.
- Jennifer's favorite part about her class is their love for reading! She loves reading to them, and they love being read to!
REASON FOR JOINING:
"One of my biggest goals was to improve on working with my students in small groups. That's one area I really wanted to hit on hard this year. When I came across Jen’s Out of This World Membership I was really excited about it. I thought this would be great for so many teachers who needed extra curriculum in their classrooms. The decision for me to join though was actually kind of a hard one. I really wanted to make sure that it would help me reach all of my learners. "
"Since I’ve joined I can really see those little light bulbs coming on among my students. What I’ll do is take my district's curriculum and I’ll do a lesson or two. Then I will come through with some of Jen’s lessons and use them to fill in the gaps. So wherever I feel like my students didn’t really understand or where I feel like the standard wasn’t clear is where I will bring in Jen’s curriculum. You can honestly really see a difference. The students are actually using BETTER LANGUAGE now than when I was using the intended curriculum. I think it has been so beneficial for my class. I love seeing those little light bulb moments among my kids, it's so rewarding! My kids actually want to talk more about their reading and writing. It just makes my heart so happy to see my kids get excited about learning."
- Relief knowing that I always have materials and resources that cover the standards I am required to be teaching.
- No more stressing over what I'm going to be working on with my kids the next day; or what lessons I'm going to have to add or change around to make it the best for my kids.
- More time on the weekends to spend with my kids.
- Family no longer worries how long I'll be working on a lesson plan.
- Students are more successful in class than ever.
- More patience at school with my students and when I come home to my family.
"It honestly has been a lifesaver. If you're not already a member of Jen’s Out of This World Membership or you're on the fence about joining, you really need to. All of your lessons are so explicit and they really fill in all the gaps. You get everything and you don't feel like your running around trying to fit lessons together. Everything is so cohesive. I never question whether a lesson meets the standard or not. Your resources are so straightforward and focused on the standard. The lessons then spiral back around and retaught as you go along. All of the lessons flow together really well. The reading and writing resources go hand in hand so much I love it! Seriously, if you are not already a member you need to, it will be a blessing for you."
If you would like to read more about what the membership has done for teachers, CLICK HERE!
If you would like to read more information about the Membership or your'e ready to join now, CLICK HERE!