- Shauna resides in Austin, Texas where she teaches third grade.
- She is going on her 16th year of teaching.
- She teaches language arts in the Round Rock School District just north of Austin, TX.
- Her school has about a 2/3's Indian population and is highly ESL.
REASON FOR JOINING:
"I was brand new to third grade this year, I had never taught at that grade level before. The bulk of my teaching experience was in the kindergarten classroom, that's where I felt the most comfortable. My principal asked me to switch to third grade just a little over a week before school started. My goal for the year was really just to learn how to teach third grade. The difference between kindergarten and third grade is that the students are reading to learn instead of learning to read and so I had to make that adjustment this year. I kept looking for resources is all sorts of places and one name that always popped up was Jen Bengel. Teachers from all over the places were saying you can't go wrong with Jen Bengel. I found some of your resources and purchased them immediately. I had so many of your resources in my wishlist. It was a dream of mine to have them all at the touch of a finger. I knew right away when I heard about the membership, this was what I had to do. "
"Instead of having to go to different books or looking on our district plan, I can go straight to the membership site. Say if I need something on summarizing, well I can look it up and find a perfect lesson that will teach it all the way through. I also love that all of your resources are sequential. That has really helped me to fill in the gaps for my classroom. When I find students are struggling in a particular area or if I need a small group lesson, all of these resources are at the touch of the finger. My students are noticing more about themes and concepts within their text. I love that they are actually starting to apply these teachings to their reading and pointing it out to me."
- I really struggled with a sequence of flow. I knew what concepts and how to teach them, just not really which order. The membership has really helped me conquer this challenge.
- A major win for me is the essence of time-saving. I no longer spend hours searching the internet trying to find what I need because everything I need is at my fingertips.
- It brings me joy seeing my students learn and apply their knowledge to their reading.
"What I would suggest is to not try too many things at once. Maybe use one resource and see how it works for you. Dont try and overwhelm yourself by trying too many things at a time. I try different things, I see how they work and if they work well, I keep going with it. If it doesnt work so well, I switch and do something different. Trying things out once at a time has been a huge benefit for me!"
If you would like to read more about what the membership has done for teachers, CLICK HERE!
If you would like to read more information about the Membership or your'e ready to join now, CLICK HERE!