- Rachel resides right outside of Maryland in Red Lion, PA.
- She teaches 4th grade, specifically ELA and Social Studies integrated.
- This is her 16th year of teaching! All of those years have been spent in 4th grade and more than half have been spent specifically teaching ELA.
- Jennifer's favorite part about her class is their love for reading! She loves reading to them, and they love being read to!
REASON FOR JOINING:
“My goals for this year were pretty simple, I just really wanted to teach the standards in a fun and engaging way, mesh in social studies components, as well as get better at guided reading. Guided reading is definitely what I feel like is my weakest area. If I have to cut something out of my lessons, the first thing to go is guided reading. It's just not something I'm passionate about, so I really wanted to fall in love with it this year. A couple of weeks before I even heard about the membership I stumbled across your Guided Reading Bundles. I thought to myself, these resources are worth my weight in gold! So before I became a member, I talked to my husband about it first. He said, “If it's going to make you function, do it!”
“It really has made my day flow a lot smoother. I've been getting guided reading in on a consistent basis, and I really feel like my class has more purpose to it. We always had a good rhythm going but now I feel like there's a purpose in what we do. I absolutely love the vocabulary curriculum. We've added that in and it really makes the 90 minutes we have together more cohesive. I've also noticed specifically with vocabulary that they are seeking out and looking for those words specifically in their everyday reading. They're even trying to use the words in everyday conversation and take notice when one of their classmates does!”
- My own planning time has been cut down tremendously because the membership makes it very cohesive.
- Planning has become more longterm than shorterm and I absolutely love that!
- The membership has made me feel more confident as a teacher, even with all my years of experience.
- The guesswork of “Am I teaching this right?” has really ceased and that makes overall anxiety decrease as well!
- More patience at school with my students and when I come home to my family.
“I would say if you are able to join this membership, I would certainly recommend investing in it. It honestly saves you so much time and you get so many resources to choose from! I feel like that has helped me balance my life more. From all my years of teaching, I know how quickly things can change from one year to the next without you being able to control it. Having access to all of these resources makes me no longer worry about when that day comes!”
If you would like to read more about what the membership has done for teachers, CLICK HERE!
If you would like to read more information about the Membership or your'e ready to join now, CLICK HERE!