Hello there teacher friends!
Do you work with readers at multiple reading abilities and need to find resources that meet each student at his/her instructional levels?
Let me show you the research-based Reading Interventions Program and offer you a FREE SAMPLE in EVERY LEVEL RANGE!!!
Not sure which Reading Intervention level ranges you need?
Use this chart as a guide!
The daily intervention lessons contain extra practice with:
- Reading Fluency
- Comprehension (with weekly targeted skills)
- Word Work (with weekly targeted skills)
- Vocabulary (5 daily vocab. Words in every passage)
The intervention program is flexibly designed to be used either…
- One-on-one with teacher
- Independently during an intervention time
- With a partner, tutor, or school volunteer (the students and teacher pages include clear directions for an aide, volunteer, or even older student to administer the intervention.)
- In a small guided group
- In a home school setting
- Tier 2 or Tier 3 interventions
- During guided reading
- Advanced interventions
- Daily partner reading
- Literacy center work
- As daily reading homework
Each Set of 20 Passages Includes…
- 1.20 original passages at the ability level of the range it covers.
- There are 7 ranges (A-D, E-G, H-K, L-P, Q-T, U-W, & X-Z)
- Each range includes 5 sets of 20 passages for a total of 100 passages in every range.
- Reading passages in 4 different student-friendly formats
- 2 versions of all the components on one page (the passage, comprehension, word work, and vocabulary).
- a version with just the passage.
- a version with blank word work to incorporate differentiated versions.
- a timed 1-minute fluency version.
- Teacher/tutor fluency page with clear directions, running record with word count, and space for scoring fluency skills.
- Targeted Comprehension questions for each passage.
- Targeted Word Work activities for each passage.
- 5 Bolded vocabulary in each passage, with space for students to define each word. (2 words in the A-D range.)
- Teacher/tutor comprehension, word work, and vocabulary instruction pages with space to collect data and additional comprehension questions for guided instruction.
- Progress monitoring pages for teachers/tutors to track student growth with fluency, comprehension, word work, and vocabulary.
The BIG Questions Answered!
Since many teachers are using the program, the same types of questions come up…
- Why are the passages in a level range?
- How do I know which range to use?
- Is this research-based?
- Is this evidence-based?
- How did you come up with the level?
All these questions and more are answered in this free informational resource: